Self analysis

I spent this week catching up on last week.  Struggling along behind others on this MOOC, missing all the online sessions and following them later, what keeps me going are the blogs, the blogs that other participants write.

When I read Sharon Slade’s comments on a difficult paper, I breathe a sigh of relief  that’s it not just me, or here that David may appear to have dropped out but in fact he’s continuing with the reading, the same as I am doing.

Hence, I know the learning activites of some of my fellow participants on this MOOC.  And then I wonder  – who is this MOOC worthwhile for?  Is it worthwhile for the organisers and presenters and what do they get back from its participants?  And while I’m wondering, do the organisers know who the participants are, and even more important, do they know how well they’re faring?  What learning analytics are available about these participants, about us?

Too many questions, but since the course is about learning analytics, you’d imagine that the principles might apply to the learning on the course.  I don’t have tools to analyse my own learning on this course, and suspect that my learning is only if I write something or participate in some way.  Perhaps fancy computer tools aren’t necessary to analyse my learning on this MOOC.

One thought on “Self analysis

1. Thanks for a really interesting post, and I’ve wondered the same things about this mooc. I stopped trying to think about it too hard though, and have just realised that having this mooc and this weekly structure has helped me to read articles and papers that I would never have found the time for. So, I win, definitely! But would be interesting to know who else is out there and how we’re all engaging with this. Best wishes, Sharon